Monday, June 23, 2008

Cutting Down The Apricot Tree

We have been wanting to cut down our apricot tree for a few years now. We have never eaten or used the apricots in the 5 years we have lived here. By the time they are ripe enough to pick, they are yucky and soggy because of the heat. Behind the tree is some bamboo and other little bushes that we are ripping out also. We are going to put some gravel down and get a trampoline for the kids. And us. Yippee!
After we cut the tree down we saw this nest with this baby bird in it. We carefully put the nest up in another tree. Hopefully Mama bird will be able to find Baby bird in the new tree. Who knows, maybe Mama bird is one that has killed itself by flying into one of my windows. Dont worry that since I posted that story, 3 more birds have died that way. Sheesh!



Cuttin' the branches down to good fire burning size. Yea, Me!


2 comments:

Texas Tingey said...

Oh! How sweet the little baby bird is. I hope its mommy finds it.
3 more birds have really hit your window? That is so crazy. I wonder why?
I can't believe you never ate any apricots! I think they will ripen if you pick them before they are completely ripe. Oh well, to late now.
The trampoline will be fun. Just make sure you get a safety net. It has saved Aubrey from falling off several times.

Rose said...

You need to stop washing your windows. JK It's too bad you couldn't have sent your apricots here, we love them. A trampoline will be tons of fun, you should bury it or do like Debbie suggested.
I hope your baby bird survives.